Did you know:
- As of the second quarter of 2017, Twitter is already at 328 million active users.
- 60% of these users have come across an SMB or small or medium business through Twitter.
- 84% of Twitter users use the social network to hunt for promotions, research product reviews, and find gift ideas.
- 75% of Twitter users trust a brand more when they follow it on Twitter or when they read a company’s Tweets.
Whether you are a novice at starting an online business or a veteran in the marketing world, tapping on Twitter’s massive influence is something you should put effort on.
When you get active followers who Retweet your posts, message you, and keenly wait for your Tweets, the overall bearing of your brand rises. The surest way to do this is by increasing your engagement rating on Twitter.
Check out the three ways to supercharge engagement on Twitter:
1. Have a Client-Focused Approach.
A couple of years ago, Google updated its algorithm so that websites that give an optimal user experience fare better in its search results pages. The concept to put customers first isn’t only isolated in search engine optimization. It’s also a must if you want to make a difference in a network as vast as Twitter.
The question is, how do you engineer and manage a client-first Twitter account?
Here are some things you can do:
➔ Be helpful to people even if a sale isn’t guaranteed. People are now warier of companies that they feel are just out to get their money. Show your credibility as a brand by answering messages and giving helpful information about your products without ulterior motives.
➔ Get your Twitter profile in order. Are you using an appropriate profile photo for your business account? Did you put essential contact details on your profile? Do you include links to your promotional Tweets for the convenience of your followers?
➔ Hire a Social Media VA (Virtual Assistant). Do people have to wait several hours or days to hear back from you? Are your Twitter posts intermittent? You owe it to your followers and prospective customers to provide prompt responses and updated posts. A social media VA can help you there.
2. Invest on Visual Appeal.
It’s not just Instagram that can win over followers and customers for your business by using high-quality images.
Did you know that Tweets with images can pull in:
➔ 18% increase in click-throughs
➔ 89% more Favorites
➔ 150% increase in Retweets
Just because there is a 140-character limit in a Tweet doesn’t mean you should leave your followers hanging. Captivate them by using powerful images with your Tweets.
3. Share Your Tweets on Facebook.
The power of social media isn’t just confined to one website. That is why if you want your Twitter engagement to increase, you should spread out your efforts to Facebook. These two are the most prominent social networks today, and when integrated, they have the power to catapult your brand into millions of potential customers.
You won’t have to navigate between two different websites or apps to update your social posts. Linking your profiles together gives you the ability to control or monitor your social activities seamlessly.
If you want to learn how to make money online, building a strong Twitter presence is one of the surest ways to go. Practice these three ways to supercharge engagement on Twitter and see how big of an influence it can be on your business.
- Catherine vanVonno, the author, is the President and Executive Director of 20Four7VA, a global Virtual Assistant (VA) Service Provider. She holds a doctorate degree in Applied Statistics, Research Design and Program Evaluation from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and has over 10 years experience in facilitating evidence-based strategic planning, product development, brand management, legislative communications, and medical policy. She is married and has four children. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.